RHA announces two headphones and a DAC/amplifier
IFA 2016 is right around the corner, but some manufacturers simply can’t wait to show off their products. RHA is already unveiling 3 new products they will be showcasing in Berlin. These include a couple in-ear headphones and the very first headphone digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) and amplifier.
RHA’s products have been featured in our lists of best products, so this is definitely a company to keep an eye out. Let’s show you what these products are all about.
Headphones usually sound good, but very rarely do they offer an amazing quality. Extraordinary sound requires something like the Dacamp L1, an amplifier and DAC with dedicated channel processors. It has enough power to enable the highest quality audio quality coming from both mobile and desktop sources, thanks to its ES9018K2M DAC chip and class AB amplifier. The price is set at $549.95.
- Dual ESS Sabre ES9018K2M DACs & class AB amplifiers
- Support for high-resolution audio formats up to 32-bit/384kHz PCM and 5.6MHz DSD
- Headphone outputs: 4-pin Mini XLR (balanced), 3.5mm
- Digital inputs: USB A, USB B Micro, mini TOSLINK (optical)
- Compatibility: Mobile and desktop devices including Android, PC, Mac, iOS (MFi certified)
- 4000mAh li-ion battery for 10–hour battery life with power pack function
- Three level gain control and EQ dials for bass/treble attenuation.
This is also a new type of product for RHA, as it is the first time they implement headphones with high-density ceramic housings. It also comes with a detachable cable system, featuring moldable over-ear hooks. But what makes these headphones special is what it has inside, as they are made to be used with amplifiers.
The CL1 Ceramic headphones come with unique transducer technologies. “The headphone’s CL Dynamic transducer has been engineered for bass and midrange accuracy, while the ceramic plate driver generates precise upper frequency and harmonic tones”.
All this quality won’t come cheap, though. These headphones are worth $449.95.
- High-resolution, dual transducer configuration: CL Dynamic and ceramic plate drivers
- High-density, injection moulded ZrO2 ceramic housings
- Custom detachable cable system (sMMCX)
- Braided Ag4x silver-core (4-pin Mini XLR) and OFC (3.5mm/6.25mm) cables included
- Mouldable, comfort-enhancing over-ear hooks
- Accessories: 11 pairs of silicone and Comply™ foam ear tips, clothing clip, protector case and cleaning cloth.
Also optimized for amplifiers, the CL750 headphones come with a stainless steel housing, braided cable and unique design. Inside you will find the CL Dynamic transducer, which can reproduce sounds up to 45 KHz. They are quality headphones that will only set you back $139.95.
- Ultra-wideband CL Dynamic transducer
- Stainless steel driver housings in Aerophonic™ design
- Braided OFC cable with 3.5mm or 6.25mm terminations
- Flexible over-ear hooks
- Accessories: 11 pairs of silicone and Comply™ foam ear tips, clothing clip and protector case.
Interested in buying any of these? They will become available starting October. More information will be available once IFA 2016 takes off, so keep it tuned for all the details.